Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Books to read in 2012

The Well Trained mind board has had links to the "book a week" blog for quite a while, and I'd thought of doing it, but thought chances of me crashing and burning were pretty high, but when i saw Money Saving Mom, Crystal Paine's post about doing 24 books a year, I thought, now THAT is doable!! Undoubtedly, i'll read more. I'm reading a ton now that I have my Kindle and my Kindle app, which i read mostly on my ipod, but my problem is I tend to read a bit and then forget about it :) So my goal is to FINISH 24 books! Here's my list for 2012 Some i have the real book for and some i'll be buying in Ebook form, and some I already HAVE the ebook of! I decided to make it in list form and not to limit myself to a month for each book since I like to read as inspiration strikes, so i'm just making it one long list. I'll be updating as we do, and i'm also going to try to make a list including all the children's books we read, both for our reference and for accountablity, reading aloud is one thing that tends to suffer around here, and I'd very much like to change that!

Rebecca's 2012 Anticipated book reading list!

Building the Christian Family You Never Had: A Practical Guide for Pioneer Parents


You Can Raise Courageous and Confident Kids: Preparing Your Children for the World They Live In

Grace for the Good Girl: Letting Go of the Try-Hard Life

Disciple: Getting Your Identity from Jesus (Re:Lit)

Note to Self: The Discipline of Preaching to Yourself (Re:Lit)

For the Children's Sake: Foundations of Education for Home and School

Pocketful of Pinecones: Nature Study With the Gentle Art of Learning : A Story for Mother Culture ®

A Charlotte Mason Companion: Personal Reflections on the Gentle Art of Learning

Facing Autism: Giving Parents Reasons for Hope and Guidance for Help

The Simplicity of Homeschooling: Discover the Freedom of Learning Through Living

Erasing Hell: What God said about eternity, and the things we made up

Boundaries: When to Say YES, When to Say NO, To Take Control of Your Life

Changes That Heal

America's Cheapest Family Gets You Right on the Money: Your Guide to Living Better, Spending Less, and Cashing in on Your Dreams

Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half with America's Cheapest Family: Includes So Many Innovative Strategies You Won't Have to Cut Coupons Finished! Jan 3

Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs

Lies Homeschooling Moms Believe

How to Be a Great Wife . . . Even Though You Homeschool

The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers: Gentle Ways to Stop Bedtime Battles and Improve Your Child's Sleep

Sleep, It Does a Family Good: How Busy Families Can Overcome Sleep Deprivation

Raising Godly Children in an Ungodly World

Family Driven Faith (Paperback Edition with Study Questions): Doing What It Takes to Raise Sons and Daughters Who Walk with God

The Money Saving Mom's Budget: Slash Your Spending, Pay Down Your Debt, Streamline Your Life, and Save Thousands a Year

Autism's Hidden Blessings: Discovering God's Promises for Autistic Children & Their Families

*edited to add*
Ok, so i'm NOT content with just these and i'm going to add on more as I feel the need :)

Calm My Anxious Heart: A Woman's Guide to Finding Contentment

Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God

Have I mentioned how much i LOVE Francis Chan??

Money Secrets of the Amish: Finding True Abundance in Simplicity, Sharing, and Saving

Amish Values for Your Family: What We Can Learn from the Simple Life finished sometime in Jan.

Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time





I will add also that I just signed up as an affiliate for Amazon, to help with our extreme book habit :) and am including this disclaimer so you know “Rebecca Kvenvolden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.”

2 comments:

  1. looks like a great list, checking a few of them out right now! We now have a library in our new house (besides having a monster sized school room) ...so the book addiction is alive and well here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWEET Teresa!! though, i must say, Frank with a Library is a scary thought!!! :) I have fallen in love with my kindle. I'm getting all the books i can in E form. sooo much less space consuming and i can't lose them!!

    ReplyDelete