Thursday, February 24, 2011
Do YOU need an "Encouragement Infusion"?
Today, as my Gabby Moms Mission #2, I was asked to review Encouraging Moments- the weekly e-newsletter of Teach Magazine
I highly recommend you go to this site- www.HomemakingWithTEACH.com and look for the little sign up box at the top right hand corner of the page. This is an absolutely FREE newsletter that will arrive in your email box by Thursday of each week. (Mine came Wednesday night this week!)
This month, I'd like to show you what you are missing if you aren't subscribed to Lorrie's newsletter and givge you an idea what you can look forward to from the newsletter!
Here's what this week's newsletter contained:
* A short message from Lorrie, Which I enjoy, since its SHORT and we all know how much extra reading time i have right now!! (yeah, about as much as all the extra BLOGGING time I have :-) She, in her own clever style can make a profound point in a short amount of time and space, which I for one, really appreciate.
* Teach Magazine SALE! (YAY!!!) I love to see what will be on sale next! i'm working through a recent product purchase- the End Morning Madness bundle Haaa!! Anyone that knows me knows what a challenge that is, but with my buddy and accountability partner, Heather, i'm making MORNING happen!
* An update of the goings on on facebook- Are you a subscriber yet??
* An opportunity to hear Lorrie speak live, for locals (including me!) Which i'm hoping to go to if i can a. get up the courage to drive out of my town at night, or b. find someone to carpool with :-)
* A description of the upcoming Eternal Encouragement Magazine Here's a peek of the cover
* A timely tip The One Word Men Fear by Donna Venning Which I enjoyed this month, particularily. It discussed the danger of expecting our husbands to read our minds and know what is wrong when something is wrong. Of course "I" don't ever do that... bwahaha...
*Quick links and contact info- which I like! i HATE getting emails and newsletters that show me all kinds of cool stuff and then expect me to figure out their website address and dig around to find stuff! Perhaps i'm a tad bit lazy, but in the age of the internet, this is easily preventable :)
But, i've left my favorite part for last!
Chick Flicks for Mom!!!
What? (pray tell, you may ask) are chick flicks for moms??
Well, I'll tell you! They are a short (just a few minutes long) video of Lorrie, teaching on a subject that you will almost inevitably find to be one you can relate to. What I like about it is its SHORT, succinct, practical, and I feel like i'm taking a little break from my day, even if it is just a short one. Previous subjects have included:
*Not messing with Gods perfect plan.
*What actually constitutes obedience
*Supporting Your Husband
Today's is on COMMUNICATION, an issue we ALL struggle with.
SO that's my review for the Month, and i'll be saying "over and out" to let you all get on with your day and for me to do the same! Sick kiddos has meant MUCH left undone these past weeks! I Hope you enjoyed this glimpse into the Teach Magazine Newsletter and I hope you subscribe! Good stuff!!! Have a beautiful day loving your families!!!
Ps. I am reviewing Encouraging Moments as an official member of The Gabby Moms blogging program for Eternal Encouragement magazine. I did not receive compensation for this post and all opinions are solely my own.